IT'S HERE - The Newest Issue of The Channel
The Summer 2016 issue of The Channel, our Bainbridge Island Chamber newsletter, is available online, with the print edition out soon. In this issue:
- Behind the Scenes at the Grand Old 4th - an inside look at how we put on the island's biggest party
- Arts in Plain View - local businesses featuring works by local artists
- Non-Profit Spotlight: Bainbridge Youth Services - providing important services since 1962
- Your Taxes Are Filed: What Now? - a little organization goes a long way
- New Member Profiles - sailing charters times two, Bainbridge Ready and a lot of lavender
- If It's a First Class Business, Let's Give It a B - B is for B Corp, and also for Bainbridge
- City Update - tips for having a fun and safe Grand Old 4th
- Then & Now - the Scotch Broom Festival
- Exploring Our Own Backyard - a summer full of free events, concerts & movies
- New & Renewing Members
View the digital edition here.
July Chamber After Hours
Wed., July 27, 5:30-7:00 PM
Dayaalu Center hosts our After Hours this month at 159 Wyatt Way NE.
Join us for networking, refreshments and tours of the yoga, wellness
center. Door prizes. No cost to attend. Non-members are welcome to attend. Map and more...
HAVE YOU USED THE FREE WI-FI IN WINSLOW DOWNTOWN CORE?
Thanks to a collaboration between the Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce and Kitsap Public Utility District, businesses, residents and visitors can take advantage of the free Wi-Fi network along parts of Winslow Way and Madison. Warning - this is not a secure network, so take the same precautions you would in a coffee shop or airport - no private information or financial transactions. Look for a network called "community-wifi" to access the signal on your computer or mobile device. See our coverage map for more info.
B.I. RIDE Mid-day Bus Service - It's Not Just For the Summer!!!
A combination of scheduled stops and Dial-A-Ride runs during weekday non-commuter times and on Saturdays. Leave your car at home and get on board. Details here...
Bainbridge Business Connection
Meets every Friday morning at OfficeXpats Upstairs in the Pavilion. More...